Here is article by Canary Trap time line of events:
August 28, 2007: In 2001, there were only 4 million cell phone subscribers; whereas by 2007-2008, the number of cell phone subscribers was around 350 million. Thus by fixing license fees at 2001 prices, the Telecom Ministry enabled companies that were allotted licenses to command huge premia.
|Company||License Paid||Sold to|
|Swan||1537||45 % sold to Etisalat for 4200 cr|
|Unitech||1661||60 % sold to Telenor|
|Tata||--||26 % sold to Docomo|
Based on the aforesaid sale of shares by Unitech and Swan, the market value of these 9 new 2G licenses amount to a total of Rs 70,022.42 crores, for which these 9 companies/conglomerates had paid DoT a total of Rs 10,772.68 crores.
October 21, 2009: The CBI registered an FIR in the scam.
April 28, 2010:Details of tapes establishing Raja’s dubious role in the scam surfaces in the media. Opposition parties demanded that the PM sack Raja.
A little bit of digging the information led me to this page where the reporter of magazine gave confidential information which main stream media never talked.
Some excerpts from it:
Radia close associate of Raja has been key in getting license and spectrum to the following telecom companies 1) swan2) aircel3) Unitech wireless4) Datacom
- Datacom was setup by HFCL group along with Mr.Dhoot of Videocon is alleged to be having funding through Mukesh Ambani group through a employee Manoj Modi
- Swan on paper is backed by Mumbai based real estate Company Dynamix Balwas group of companies and it was moved up the priority list of spectrum allocation by DOT
- UAE telecom giant Ehtisalat controls about 45% of swan telecom and for this they paid $900million.
- This deal make Swan at $2 Billion and at present Mumbai based Delphi investments holds 9.9% stake in Swan.90.1 stake in Swan Telecom is owned by Tiger Trustees which in turn is 99.8% owned by Dynamix Balwas Ltd.
- Seems that Raja and Radia have interests in Swan and there associates are on board of Swan
The companies which she and co consult are not only for telecom, aerospace, power and infrastructure but also influence and change policies of government to suit commercial requirements of various clients.
From the conversations it appears that she had role in telecom license and guides a newly formed telecom company to delay the stake sale and not to look at it as a windfall gain. There are some direct conversations of her and telecom minister. In some other conversations she boasts of herself for obtaining telecom license for few companies.
June internal evaluation report from DGI
Totally 9 lines were kept under surveillance during the month of June 2009 belong to two separate groups. First group relates to a PR agency.
- The conversations indicate money laundering and structured payoffs transactions and liaison for projects of telecom and power.
- Also indicate cross borer transactions related to telecom, petroleum and media.
- And calls to this group appear relate to financial transactions ranging in crores including foreign bank accounts
- Unauthorized international derivative transactions
- In fact there appears some calls related to cricket betting and some other sports (ohhh I was under impression that betting happens only in cricket, seems now cricket has a rival)
First group: As per conversations
- The associates have apparently fronted for someone (Mukesh Ambani) to acquire a news channel (9X) in India and there appears some cross border transactions.
- Conversations of target (Radia) with a businessman (Tarun Das FICCI Chair and Government Nominee…Mukesh Ambani) who is also a government nominee on a State PSU (haldia Petro) appears to suggest that a target along with business man is trying to facilitate a take over of this PSU by a large client (RIL) of target.
- The Target as per telephone conversations facilitated for a few filing PILs by NGO to hurt the business interests if the rival clients (Anil Ambani ADAG)
- Reports that Sunil Mittal is also banking on with Radia to make peace with Raja on foreign take over and his interests in spectrum
- Neera Radia is chief of Vaishnav Corporate Consultants Pvt Ltd, Noesis Consulting Vitocom and Neucom Consulting. Vitocom has been handling the business of NDTV Imagine.
- Neucom was set up to handle affairs of Mukesh Ambani Group.
- Vaishnav handles the affairs of Tata, Unitech, and Star TV along with other clients.
- Noesis officially comprises of retired senior bureaucrats and controlled by Radia.
- There is long conversation between Ratan Tata and Radia which establishes that Tata does not want Maran to be Telecom Minister at any cost.Tata felt the need to exit telecom if Maran becomes Minister.
- Looks like Radia is also in touch with Neera and Ratnam CA of Karunandhi wife (wovvvv…first time I heard of this…).
- Radia and Kanimozhi behalf of Burhka Dutt(NDTV fame..I guess now she is in CNN IBN) and Vir Sanghvi (Not Sure of this Person) were negotiating minister berths for DMK members.
- Sunil Mittal lobbied to prevent Raja to become telecom minister and Tata Lobbied to prevent Maran from becoming Telecom Minister. (Another wovvv)
- In Jharkhand Tata’s need lease of to extend for which the great madhu koda (1000 crore scam) asked for 180 crores. Radia got the lease extension from governor for which ratan Tata sanctioned 1 crores as reward for the team
- FICCI chief Tarun Das is chairman of haldia petro corp. and Mukesh wants to take over it. With help of Radia they are handling the matter
- As per conversations there appears RIL purchasing a house for VK Duggal, Director General of Hydrocarbons News
- 9X was controlled by Mukesh Ambani
Moreover none of the news papers are willing to post the news related to it. Seems government is denying that it never allowed wire tapings.